Terry Tadlock, CIC, CPCU, CRIS
Terry Tadlock is a 31 year veteran of the insurance industry. In an attempt to enjoy a little slower paced life he has joined the Correll Insurance Group of agencies as the President of Coastal Plains Insurance, LLC (CPI) in beautiful Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Terry is part owner and responsible for the day to day operations of CPI.
Prior to Terry’s joining CPI he was owner and CEO of Florida Insurance Educators, Inc. which is
an insurance education and consulting firm that in conjunction with Florida Insurance School worked with state and national organizations provides a variety of educational courses and consulting services.
Terry continues to accept national speaking engagements and writes technical articles for a
variety of state and national insurance publications. In his spare time Terry is also recognized by Federal and State courts as an expert on insurance coverages and serves as an expert witness.
Terry began his career in 1979 in Florida. The majority of this time was spent as the principal of
an independent insurance agency in Florida where he specialized in a variety of Professional Liability programs as well as designing several specialty programs serving the Construction industry. Terry has also worked with the Florida Department of Insurance where he was the Administrator of Agents Licensing. His primary responsibilities included approving individuals for agent licensing and supervision the writing of all state insurance examinations. During this time he also represented the state of Florida on the National Test Development Committee which sets standards for agents licensing examinations.
Currently, Terry holds a Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) designation and is a National Faculty Member of the Society. In addition, he serves as the Educational Consultant in the State of North Carolina. Terry also holds a Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriting (CPCU) and Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist CRIS) professional designations.
Christopher J. Boggs, CPCU, ARM, ALCM, LPCS, AAI, APA, CWCA, CRIS, AINS, joined the insurance industry in 1990. He is the Executive Director of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America (Big “I”) Virtual University. His current duties involve researching, writing, and teaching property and casualty insurance coverages andconcepts to Big “I” members and others in the insurance industry. During his career, Boggs has authored more than 300 insurance and risk management-related articles on a wide range of topics as diverse as Credit Default Swaps, the MCS-90, and enterprise risk management. In addition to this, Boggs has written 13 insurance and risk management books.
· "The Insurance Professional's Practical Guide to Workers' Compensation: From History through Audit," now in its second edition;
· "Business Income Insurance Demystified: The Simplified Guide to Time Element
· Coverages,” now in its third edition;
· “Property and Casualty Insurance Concepts Simplified: The Ultimate ‘How to’ Insurance
· Guide for Agents, Brokers, Underwriters and Adjusters;”
· “Wow! I Never Knew That! 12 of the Most Misunderstood and Misused P&C Coverages, Concepts and Exclusions;”
· “Insurance, Risk & Risk Management! The Insurance Professional’s Guide to Risk
· Management and Insurance;”
· “Workers’ Compensation: How You Can Effectively Answer Your Clients 12 Most Commonly
· Asked Questions;”
· “Glossary of Insurance Terms;”
· “Choosing the Best Risk Financing Option;”
· “Writing Property and Liability Coverage for Condos;”
· “The Truth about Enterprise Risk Management;”
· “The Experience Mod Worksheet;”
· “What has ISO Done to us Now?” and
· “Cancellations, Non-Renewals & Conditional Renewals: THE Insurance Professional’s
· Guide to Statutory Insurance Carrier Notification Requirements for All 50 States!”
Boggs is a regular speaker at industry events, speaking for groups such as the National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC), the National Society of Insurance Premium Auditors (NSIPA), the American Association of Managing General Agents (AAMGA), the Institute of Work Comp Professionals (IWCP), and the CPCU Society.
A graduate of Liberty University with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Boggs’ background includes work as a risk management consulting, loss control representative, producer, claims manager, and quality assurance specialist.